Resident doctors under the aegis of Nigerian Association of Resident Doctors (NARD) have declared an indefinite strike, beginning from Wednesday, July 26, 2023.
A statement by NARD on Tuesday night said the action followed government’s failure to meet the demands of its members.
The major demands by the residents doctors are:
1. Immediate payment of the 2023 MRTF
2. Immediate release of the circular on one-for-one replacement
3. Payment of skipping arrears
4. Upward review of CONMESS in line with full salary restoration to the 2014 value of CONMESS
5. Payment of the arrears of consequential adjustment of minimum wage to the omitted doctors
6. Reversal of the downgrading of the membership certificate by MDCN
7. Payment of MRTF, new hazard allowance, skipping and implementation of corrected CONMESS in State Tertiary Health Institutions
8. Payment of omitted hazard allowance arrears.